Calcio As You Like It
Please login to view forum content. If not a member, feel free to register to view the forum.
Calcio As You Like It
Please login to view forum content. If not a member, feel free to register to view the forum.
Calcio As You Like It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calcio, football, soccer..Whatever you call it, discuss it here.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Giovinco Saga

Go down 
+4
Hibbies_07
FeedTheOx
Juventino
Diavolo
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Diavolo
The Legend
The Legend
Diavolo

The Giovinco Saga Empty
PostSubject: The Giovinco Saga   The Giovinco Saga EmptyFri 25 May 2012 - 18:41

Giovinco to Juventus if…
By Football Italia staff

Parma’s Sebastian Giovinco has underlined that he will only return to Juventus with the guarantee that he won’t be immediately sold on.

The 25-year-old’s future is in doubt given that he’s a wanted man on the transfer market following his 15 Serie A goals at the Tardini this term.

“First of all Parma and Juventus will have to talk about my co-ownership,” the forward said from Italy’s Coverciano training base on Friday.

“I’m certain that they will find an agreement and then I’ll go and play for whichever club wants me the most.

“I have spoken to Parma President Tommaso Ghirardi. I have always said that it doesn’t make sense to return to Juventus and then be offered as part of another transfer deal.

“I’ll either go to Juventus to remain or stay at Parma.”

Juve may consider recalling their youth team graduate following the decision to part company with Alessandro Del Piero.

“I feel ready for a big team, especially after the season I have had,” said the player who Ghirardi values at €40m. “I felt the same three years ago, but I wasn’t given the chance to play…

“I have nothing against Del Piero. Juve may think about taking me back because they have seen me improve. If I’m given a chance then I’ll be ready. I don’t care how much I am worth on the transfer market.”

One of the biggest question marks about the ability of Giovinco revolves around his frame given that he is just 164cms tall.

“I don’t think that Italy Coach Cesare Prandelli thinks about these things,” Giovinco continued.

“He just deserves credit for creating this national side. Barcelona have won everything over the past few years with small players.

“I’ve had a great season and I don’t want to stop. I want to continue with the national side and I’m happy with how things are going.”

There are suggestions that the player could be used as a Trequartista behind two strikers for his country, but Giovinco has cooled that theory.

“I’ve played as a striker this season,” he stated. “I think I’m a 15-goal forward as the numbers illustrate. For now I’m just focused on Italy and not the transfer market.”

If you've missed most of this saga, pretty much what happened was Giovinco is this immensely talented player that Juve has had at their disposal for a while and for some reason, found every reason not to use him. So he got loaned to Parma..then co-owned by Parma. Now Juve and Parma have to come to a decision. They can either extend the co-ownership for a year, one buys out the other, or blind auction (whoever bids more gets the player).

I think Giovinco's right to stick up for himself. He shouldn't be used as a pawn in another deal, considering he's young, Italian talent and he'd be a great loss to Serie A. Give him playing time...or give him to us Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
https://calcioasyoulikeit.forumotion.com
Juventino
Swagmaster
Swagmaster
Juventino

The Giovinco Saga Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Giovinco Saga   The Giovinco Saga EmptyFri 25 May 2012 - 19:25

I'm tired of seeing articles about him and Parma, respectively. We should just buy the other half of his rights and be done with this bullshit.
Back to top Go down
Diavolo
The Legend
The Legend
Diavolo

The Giovinco Saga Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Giovinco Saga   The Giovinco Saga EmptyFri 25 May 2012 - 22:44

Should've never co-owned him to them. We never do that with them. Otherwise, we'd never see Paloschi again.
Back to top Go down
Juventino
Swagmaster
Swagmaster
Juventino

The Giovinco Saga Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Giovinco Saga   The Giovinco Saga EmptyFri 25 May 2012 - 22:51

I know...we've given these clowns leverage at the negotiating table.
Back to top Go down
Diavolo
The Legend
The Legend
Diavolo

The Giovinco Saga Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Giovinco Saga   The Giovinco Saga EmptyFri 25 May 2012 - 23:01

Parma are sneakier than us and that's saying something. We're the masters of fucking people over with co-ownership
Back to top Go down
FeedTheOx
Early Contributor
Early Contributor
FeedTheOx

The Giovinco Saga Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Giovinco Saga   The Giovinco Saga EmptyFri 25 May 2012 - 23:16

How do you decide who gets the player when co-owned?
Back to top Go down
Diavolo
The Legend
The Legend
Diavolo

The Giovinco Saga Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Giovinco Saga   The Giovinco Saga EmptyFri 25 May 2012 - 23:30

Either:

a.) One party buys the other's half (and they can actually raise or lower the price)

b.) Blind auction. The FIGC forces them to submit blind bids and whoever submits more (even if it's just one euro more) gets the player.
Back to top Go down
Juventino
Swagmaster
Swagmaster
Juventino

The Giovinco Saga Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Giovinco Saga   The Giovinco Saga EmptyFri 25 May 2012 - 23:49

Hopefully it goes to a blind auction. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Hibbies_07
Thow-in Taker
Thow-in Taker
Hibbies_07

The Giovinco Saga Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Giovinco Saga   The Giovinco Saga EmptyFri 25 May 2012 - 23:56

Would love to see someone lose the blind auction by a few euro's
Back to top Go down
Diavolo
The Legend
The Legend
Diavolo

The Giovinco Saga Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Giovinco Saga   The Giovinco Saga EmptySat 26 May 2012 - 0:13

I hope so too because Parma can't bid too much Laughing

Probably what? 5m tops?

Juve could easily do anything above that.

If you're even in Serie A on FM, it happens a lot more often than real life. I've literally gotten players worth 5-10m for 20k Laughing
Back to top Go down
EmoGit
Thow-in Taker
Thow-in Taker
EmoGit

The Giovinco Saga Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Giovinco Saga   The Giovinco Saga EmptySat 26 May 2012 - 19:44

I just don't get co-ownership. Why not just loan him out and avoid having the other team fucking you over once he develops
Back to top Go down
Diavolo
The Legend
The Legend
Diavolo

The Giovinco Saga Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Giovinco Saga   The Giovinco Saga EmptySat 26 May 2012 - 20:32

Co-ownership is like a 2 year loan is why. It avoids the hassle of having to have the player come back and then reship him out. It also happens because some clubs refuse to take a player they have no right to. This is why we always loan out Albertazzi to a different club. Clubs keep wanting to co-own him. We know his potential. That's why he gets shuffled around, but who knows? Maybe he'll finally spend a season with us. I certainly hope so.

This is more than likely what happened with Giovinco. Parma didn't want him back unless they could get a co-ownership out of it. Provincial clubs especially like to turn their noses up at big clubs because they feel like it's "not their job" to raise our youth and I understand that. Empoli is one of the few clubs that doesn't have a problem with loaning. They are okay with being Italy's training club, you could say.
Back to top Go down
AD_LFC
Thow-in Taker
Thow-in Taker
AD_LFC

The Giovinco Saga Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Giovinco Saga   The Giovinco Saga EmptyTue 29 May 2012 - 17:49

Juve need to buy the other half. They need to bolster their squad for next season.
Back to top Go down
Diavolo
The Legend
The Legend
Diavolo

The Giovinco Saga Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Giovinco Saga   The Giovinco Saga EmptyTue 29 May 2012 - 17:51

Or not Shifty
Back to top Go down
AD_LFC
Thow-in Taker
Thow-in Taker
AD_LFC

The Giovinco Saga Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Giovinco Saga   The Giovinco Saga EmptyTue 29 May 2012 - 17:54

They'd be stupid not to. Being competitive in Serie A and Champions League means you have to have quality attacking players, and depth.
Back to top Go down
Diavolo
The Legend
The Legend
Diavolo

The Giovinco Saga Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Giovinco Saga   The Giovinco Saga EmptyTue 29 May 2012 - 18:03

Or they can just not Cool
Back to top Go down
Juventino
Swagmaster
Swagmaster
Juventino

The Giovinco Saga Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Giovinco Saga   The Giovinco Saga EmptyTue 29 May 2012 - 18:13

AD_LFC wrote:
Juve need to buy the other half. They need to bolster their squad for next season.

Agreed.
Back to top Go down
Mimmo
Thow-in Taker
Thow-in Taker
Mimmo

The Giovinco Saga Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Giovinco Saga   The Giovinco Saga EmptySat 16 Jun 2012 - 0:25

i hear inter want giovinco. juve don't be stupid! inter hate italians! giovinco will be like pazzini --good player that dont get used. talent rots.
Back to top Go down
France
Corner Taker
France

The Giovinco Saga Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Giovinco Saga   The Giovinco Saga EmptyFri 22 Jun 2012 - 6:38

Basically back to Juve.
Back to top Go down
http://www.francescototti.com/
AD_LFC
Thow-in Taker
Thow-in Taker
AD_LFC

The Giovinco Saga Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Giovinco Saga   The Giovinco Saga EmptyFri 22 Jun 2012 - 6:38

Done deal. Juve got him. Hopefully he can do well for Juve.
Back to top Go down
Diavolo
The Legend
The Legend
Diavolo

The Giovinco Saga Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Giovinco Saga   The Giovinco Saga EmptyFri 22 Jun 2012 - 8:07

Or they'll sell him to the highest bidder.
Back to top Go down
Mimmo
Thow-in Taker
Thow-in Taker
Mimmo

The Giovinco Saga Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Giovinco Saga   The Giovinco Saga EmptyFri 22 Jun 2012 - 21:59

juve will sell him if big money come knocking.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Giovinco Saga Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Giovinco Saga   The Giovinco Saga Empty

Back to top Go down

The Giovinco Saga
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Calcio As You Like It :: Football Discussion :: Transfers-
Jump to: