Calcio As You Like It
Please login to view forum content. If not a member, feel free to register to view the forum.
Calcio As You Like It
Please login to view forum content. If not a member, feel free to register to view the forum.
Calcio As You Like It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calcio, football, soccer..Whatever you call it, discuss it here.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

BF3 vs MW3

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Diavolo
The Legend
The Legend
Diavolo

BF3 vs MW3 Empty
PostSubject: BF3 vs MW3   BF3 vs MW3 EmptyTue 29 May 2012 - 1:28

Which do you prefer? Pros, cons?

I have both games and I personally prefer BF3. So, here are some pros and cons.

Pros:

-Visuals 10/10: Stunning, quite simply. IMO, it makes MW3 look like a polished PS2 game.
-Gameplay 8/10: Offline is challenging even on easy, so it actually builds up your skill. Offers various types of gameplay. Not just run and gun. Jets, etc.
-Controls - 7/10 only because once you're past about 10-20% sensitivity, it jerks crazily. Helicopter piloting is a pain in the ass. Grenade throws feel realistic.
-Online: Co-op actually makes you feel accomplished. I also think it's an immense step in the right direction to be able to play ranked matches on maps of your choosing and to be able to dictate how long or short the match is based on tickets. You can also rent your own server Quagmire

Cons:

-Party system: You sometimes get put into matches where you're not on the same team. Also, if you quit a match, your party is disbanded. Can only have 4 people in a party last I checked. Too small.

-Shotgun abuse: Pretty much every noob uses the DAO shotgun or worse, the automatic shotguns like the USAS-12.

Back to top Go down
https://calcioasyoulikeit.forumotion.com
EmoGit
Thow-in Taker
Thow-in Taker
EmoGit

BF3 vs MW3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs MW3   BF3 vs MW3 EmptyThu 31 May 2012 - 11:11

I havn't played BF3 yet but I do own BC2. I know it is unfair to compare MW3 and BC2 but BF3's gameplay is similiar to BC2, amirite?

I prefer CODs tbh, they suit my style more. They're fast-paced and you don't have to run miles from your spawn to the action just to get sniped by a guy sitting on rocks at his own spawn. COD is full of BS, I know that but if you get killed by a camper or something like that, then you can just respawn, get back into the action and kill teh fucker. If you play COD with randoms online, you're going to have a bad time most likely. The community is full of campers and whatnots. But if you play with a group of friends on XBOX or PS3 and on a trusted server on the PC then you can enjoy the game to the fullest. On PC, most servers don't allow bullshit deathstreaks or noob weapons, like akimbo weapons and hackers, campers will be kicked and/or banned immediately. One thing I do hate about it, is the developers and publishers behind it and how they want shit loads of money for each game in the series, even if they have improved little or it has been out for years. I remember I got BFBC2 for 20 euros just after a year or so after its realease. Meanwhile COD4 still costs 20€ and I think MW2 is like 30 or so.
Back to top Go down
Diavolo
The Legend
The Legend
Diavolo

BF3 vs MW3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs MW3   BF3 vs MW3 EmptyThu 31 May 2012 - 17:13

I never played BC2, but I've never had to run too far from the spawn before I find someone to kill. BF3 is VERY fast paced. So fast, it makes MW3 look slow. I feel slow playing it after I've played BF3. Sniping isn't easy on BF3. In fact, it's actually easier to run around with a sniper shooting people like it's any ol' semi auto gun than traditional sniping. Most people find you before you have a chance to go on a spree.

And you can't make your own server on PS3/Xbox. You can do private matches, but last I checked, those aren't ranked.

I've heard people say BC2 isn't anything like BF3, though, except for some reappearances of guns and big maps (some), but most of the maps aren't TOO big. And you can always choose what maps you want to play, as I stated, with the filter in server browser. Some people have 24/7 on such and such map servers.
Back to top Go down
EmoGit
Thow-in Taker
Thow-in Taker
EmoGit

BF3 vs MW3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs MW3   BF3 vs MW3 EmptyThu 31 May 2012 - 19:32

Well I can safely say I enjoy COD more than BFBC2 in that case. It all depends how you play the game aswell. If you're a hardcore MLG pro wannabe and only care about your K/D and shit, then COD's going to make you rage. I play it purely for fun and happen to be good at it at the same time Very Happy. Good enough to avoid going hella negative while having fun at least, I finish all my games positive.
I play pretty much only SND in COD and with the right group of people, you're going to have a great time doing so.
Back to top Go down
Diavolo
The Legend
The Legend
Diavolo

BF3 vs MW3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs MW3   BF3 vs MW3 EmptyThu 31 May 2012 - 19:41

I prefer TD on just about every shooter, I've played (exception of MW3; prefer domination).

I would suggest giving BF3 a try. TD with high tickets in Norshahr (sp?) Canals is, imo, the best. Close quarters and just about nowhere to hide. More close quarters maps coming soon. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Hibbies_07
Thow-in Taker
Thow-in Taker
Hibbies_07

BF3 vs MW3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs MW3   BF3 vs MW3 EmptyFri 1 Jun 2012 - 0:20

Well considering there are 2 other versions of MW3 I played A LOT before I don't like it that much at all.

BF3 is pretty awsome, better game for sure IMO.
Back to top Go down
jonny23
Corner Taker
jonny23

BF3 vs MW3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs MW3   BF3 vs MW3 EmptySat 2 Jun 2012 - 14:01

Killzone 3 Shifty

Serious answer, BF3 cannot possibly be worse than MW3. The maps piss me off so much an they're trying way too hard with new shit, I prefered CoD 4 for the maps, guns an generally how simple yet brilliant it was.
Back to top Go down
Diavolo
The Legend
The Legend
Diavolo

BF3 vs MW3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs MW3   BF3 vs MW3 EmptySat 2 Jun 2012 - 18:09

Laughing I hate all but 2 or 3 maps on MW3. I really really hate the one that's in the middle of Paris.
Back to top Go down
EmoGit
Thow-in Taker
Thow-in Taker
EmoGit

BF3 vs MW3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs MW3   BF3 vs MW3 EmptySat 2 Jun 2012 - 19:27

The maps are shitty, no doubt
Back to top Go down
Diavolo
The Legend
The Legend
Diavolo

BF3 vs MW3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs MW3   BF3 vs MW3 EmptySat 2 Jun 2012 - 19:45

There is one of the African ones that is really bad for camping. I can't remember it's name, I just know there's a lot of broken houses and a huge gorge you can walk through. So many camping pussies abuse the hell out of that map.

Also, some of the things you get from killstreaks are ridiculous. I get that people probably like them, but I feel they are over the top as a veteran. When I killed people in succession during the war, I never was able to call in a chopper that mowed down enemies. Just not realistic, I guess...and very much abused. I haven't seen the dogs, though, in a long time. Are they gone?
Back to top Go down
EmoGit
Thow-in Taker
Thow-in Taker
EmoGit

BF3 vs MW3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs MW3   BF3 vs MW3 EmptySat 2 Jun 2012 - 20:26

They're not in MW3
Back to top Go down
Diavolo
The Legend
The Legend
Diavolo

BF3 vs MW3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs MW3   BF3 vs MW3 EmptySat 2 Jun 2012 - 22:00

Thank fuck. Those are the most annoying things ever. I could've sworn they were in at one point. I just figured they got patched out after complaints. Everyone hates that douche bag that uses the dogs.
Back to top Go down
EmoGit
Thow-in Taker
Thow-in Taker
EmoGit

BF3 vs MW3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs MW3   BF3 vs MW3 EmptySat 2 Jun 2012 - 23:30

I fucking hated the napalm strikes in Blops. They were so shitty and unrealistic, even by COD's standard. You didn't even have to walk into the flames, you just had to be near them and they would fucking kill you, they were so annoying
Back to top Go down
Diavolo
The Legend
The Legend
Diavolo

BF3 vs MW3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs MW3   BF3 vs MW3 EmptySun 3 Jun 2012 - 0:10

Yeah, I'm pretty sure if I'm nowhere near in the flame, I'm not going to get burnt the fuck up
Back to top Go down
Mimmo
Thow-in Taker
Thow-in Taker
Mimmo

BF3 vs MW3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs MW3   BF3 vs MW3 EmptySat 7 Jul 2012 - 8:47

I can say:

I play mw3. not good, not bad. wholly average game. In my opinion, they really need to massive overhaul it. once you play battlefield 3, mw3 feel so cheaply done.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

BF3 vs MW3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 vs MW3   BF3 vs MW3 Empty

Back to top Go down

BF3 vs MW3
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Calcio As You Like It :: Gamers' Lounge-
Jump to: