Calcio As You Like It
Please login to view forum content. If not a member, feel free to register to view the forum.
Calcio As You Like It
Please login to view forum content. If not a member, feel free to register to view the forum.
Calcio As You Like It
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Calcio, football, soccer..Whatever you call it, discuss it here.

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?

Go down 
+7
Bosscielny
Darth Mojo
EmoGit
Juventino
FeedTheOx
Hibbies_07
Diavolo
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
Diavolo
The Legend
The Legend
Diavolo

Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?  Empty
PostSubject: Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?    Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?  EmptyMon 14 May 2012 - 17:55

Title is self-explanatory. Who would you transfer in to revamp a Milan that has now lost several players. I can personally think of improvements in all three parts of the squad.

Consigli - I talk about this kid a lot and I do so because he's got a lot of potential. He is one of the few that actually looks like he could be Buffon's heir. He just needs to get at the right club to prove it on the big stage. We've been linked to him since 2008. Unlike Abbiati, this kid can actually save PKs and simple shots.

Bocchetti - He's been itching to come back to Italy ever since the farce that is Genoa sold him to Rubin Kazan. We've looked at him before. He is akin to a younger Cannavaro. He just needs some polishing and big league playtime at this point. Though his dribbling is pretty shite, he makes up for it in good marking and tackling as well as some decent passing skills (probably the best at passing as far as Italian defenders are concerned).

Paloschi - Milan youth product, recently grew to 6', so adds height to the team. As it stands, we only have one out and out striker right now. We have a second striker who can't stay fit more than 14 minutes into a match, and two CAM/winger mixtures in Robinho and Cassano. Paloschi may not be the fastest choice, but he has good off the ball positioning and works hard for his team.

F. Casarini - A good CM in general. He would provide the depth we need as well as give Montolivo a creative partner. He has a bit of pace to him, which is what we need to play the style that we do. It shouldn't be too hard to pry him from Bologna

Of course, Silvio is too busy hooking up with prostitutes and being a cheap bastard to procure any of these (other than Paloschi)
Back to top Go down
https://calcioasyoulikeit.forumotion.com
Hibbies_07
Thow-in Taker
Thow-in Taker
Hibbies_07

PostSubject: Re: Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?    Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?  EmptyMon 14 May 2012 - 18:32

Have Milan secured Paloschi's other half or did they do that last year and then loan him out?

If Milan did sign Consigli do you think they would start him or bleed him in?

Anyway I would try and sign a left back, Antonini is good and consistent but he isn't top level like the rest of Milan's defence. Not sure who though, how has Criscito been in Russia? Haven't seen anything of him since he left Italy.

1 centre mid if Montolivo signs, someone like Gattuso to win the ball and kick people.

Back to top Go down
Diavolo
The Legend
The Legend
Diavolo

PostSubject: Re: Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?    Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?  EmptyMon 14 May 2012 - 18:36

Hibbies_07 wrote:
Have Milan secured Paloschi's other half or did they do that last year and then loan him out?

If Milan did sign Consigli do you think they would start him or bleed him in?

Anyway I would try and sign a left back, Antonini is good and consistent but he isn't top level like the rest of Milan's defence. Not sure who though, how has Criscito been in Russia? Haven't seen anything of him since he left Italy.

1 centre mid if Montolivo signs, someone like Gattuso to win the ball and kick people.
We've got Nocerino for that. And I don't know who we could sign as LB. Criscito probably won't come from Zenit cheap. And Consigli would be bled in. Abbiati is starting to prove he can't go all season week in, week out. And we own all of Paloschi's rights. This is just a loan.
Back to top Go down
FeedTheOx
Early Contributor
Early Contributor
FeedTheOx

PostSubject: Re: Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?    Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?  EmptyMon 14 May 2012 - 18:49

So what, you signed Montilivo and the guy from Nancy?
Back to top Go down
Diavolo
The Legend
The Legend
Diavolo

PostSubject: Re: Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?    Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?  EmptyMon 14 May 2012 - 18:52

We've confirmed Montolivo. This other guy hasn't been confirmed by anyone but himself and his club that I know of. I hope he doesn't come, personally. We don't need another overrated French league player (Taiwo).
Back to top Go down
FeedTheOx
Early Contributor
Early Contributor
FeedTheOx

PostSubject: Re: Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?    Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?  EmptyMon 14 May 2012 - 18:54

Taiwo told Barton to try and get a City player sent off Laughing
Back to top Go down
FeedTheOx
Early Contributor
Early Contributor
FeedTheOx

PostSubject: Re: Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?    Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?  EmptyMon 14 May 2012 - 18:57

Also, Diavolo, sorry to take the thread off topic but why have I 2 stars above my avatar?
Back to top Go down
Diavolo
The Legend
The Legend
Diavolo

PostSubject: Re: Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?    Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?  EmptyMon 14 May 2012 - 18:59

Laughing Because I said whoever started threads at that particular to test the links yesterday would stars. Would you like them removed?
Back to top Go down
FeedTheOx
Early Contributor
Early Contributor
FeedTheOx

PostSubject: Re: Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?    Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?  EmptyMon 14 May 2012 - 19:13

No Embarassed

THANK YOU FOR MY STAR Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Diavolo
The Legend
The Legend
Diavolo

PostSubject: Re: Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?    Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?  EmptyMon 14 May 2012 - 19:30

No problem. And that doesn't surprise me about Taiwo Laughing
I'm actually surprised the few times he played, he wasn't sent off. His tackling is pisspoor.
Back to top Go down
Juventino
Swagmaster
Swagmaster
Juventino

PostSubject: Re: Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?    Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?  EmptyMon 14 May 2012 - 19:33

In
Tevez
Astori
Criscito
Montolivo (confirmed)

Out
Pato
Robinho
Yepes
Mesbah
Bonera

Milan should probably invest in some cover at RB and CB as well.
Back to top Go down
Diavolo
The Legend
The Legend
Diavolo

PostSubject: Re: Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?    Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?  EmptyMon 14 May 2012 - 19:34

I wouldn't mind Acerbi as a bench player. And I forgot all about Astori. Embarassed
Back to top Go down
Juventino
Swagmaster
Swagmaster
Juventino

PostSubject: Re: Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?    Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?  EmptyMon 14 May 2012 - 19:36

Mexes is staying put, right?
Back to top Go down
Diavolo
The Legend
The Legend
Diavolo

PostSubject: Re: Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?    Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?  EmptyMon 14 May 2012 - 19:37

I would assume so. He got all crybabyish when someone in the press linked him away from Milan.
Back to top Go down
Juventino
Swagmaster
Swagmaster
Juventino

PostSubject: Re: Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?    Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?  EmptyMon 14 May 2012 - 19:40

Hmm. Milan would be solid with T. Silva, Mexes, Astori, and Acerbi as CBs.
Back to top Go down
Diavolo
The Legend
The Legend
Diavolo

PostSubject: Re: Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?    Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?  EmptyMon 14 May 2012 - 19:45

Yeah, quite. I really hope we sell Pato to PSG. Waste of money and space. We need to really amp up our attack, though. Unless we're going to start playing 4-3-3, if Ibra gets injured, we have NO other true strikers.
Back to top Go down
FeedTheOx
Early Contributor
Early Contributor
FeedTheOx

PostSubject: Re: Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?    Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?  EmptyMon 14 May 2012 - 19:48

QPR are close to agreeing a fee with AC Milan for the permanent transfer of on loan defender Taye Taiwo #QPR
Back to top Go down
Juventino
Swagmaster
Swagmaster
Juventino

PostSubject: Re: Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?    Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?  EmptyMon 14 May 2012 - 19:48

I really like Pato and I want him to be a Ballon d'Or winner some day, but I also understand how frustrating his injuries must be for Milan fans.
Back to top Go down
FeedTheOx
Early Contributor
Early Contributor
FeedTheOx

PostSubject: Re: Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?    Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?  EmptyMon 14 May 2012 - 19:52

Is Pato like RvP with injuries?
Back to top Go down
Diavolo
The Legend
The Legend
Diavolo

PostSubject: Re: Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?    Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?  EmptyMon 14 May 2012 - 19:54

Especially with how much we paid for him Sad

And thank Zeus for that Taiwo news.

Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?  1254334927_celebration-dance

@Ox: The wind blows and Pato is injured. Think of old school Messi Laughing
Back to top Go down
FeedTheOx
Early Contributor
Early Contributor
FeedTheOx

PostSubject: Re: Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?    Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?  EmptyMon 14 May 2012 - 19:55

Diavolo wrote:
Especially with how much we paid for him Sad

And thank Zeus for that Taiwo news.

Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?  1254334927_celebration-dance

@Ox: The wind blows and Pato is injured. Think of old school Messi Laughing
Laughing So more like Owen Hargreaves then Wink
Back to top Go down
Hibbies_07
Thow-in Taker
Thow-in Taker
Hibbies_07

PostSubject: Re: Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?    Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?  EmptyMon 14 May 2012 - 20:01

Do you really want rid of Pato that much? I personally would give him 1 more season to see if he can stay fit and get focussed on improving and reaching that potential.

Back to top Go down
Diavolo
The Legend
The Legend
Diavolo

PostSubject: Re: Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?    Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?  EmptyMon 14 May 2012 - 20:02

That or Vieri.

And yeah, I do while he's still worth some sort of money. I think I posted it on EA that he put on too much muscle too fast; thus, his muscles aren't fortified, so to speak, just aesthetic.
Back to top Go down
Hibbies_07
Thow-in Taker
Thow-in Taker
Hibbies_07

PostSubject: Re: Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?    Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?  EmptyMon 14 May 2012 - 20:07

If you do sell him you might regret is though, no denying he has potential and if he did reach it it and started smashing goals in left right and centre then Milan would regret it big time IMO, especially with Ibra, Cassano and Tevez* not getting any younger

*obviously thinking that Milan will go back for him if Pato is punted.
Back to top Go down
Diavolo
The Legend
The Legend
Diavolo

PostSubject: Re: Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?    Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?  EmptyMon 14 May 2012 - 20:09

I like Pato, personally, but I want what's best for Milan. And since he's not Italian, that has made him even less endeared to i milanisti.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?    Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?  Empty

Back to top Go down

Revamping Milan: Who would you bring in?
Page 1 of 8Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next